Friday, July 28, 2006

Humble Take Over

One year ago I made my first visit to Chile in late July. I joined a team of Mexican students for two weeks on campus. It was good for me to learn about Chile and create realistic expectations for leading the STINT team. As it turns out my good friend Christian decided to stay in Chile, and led the team this past semester. Having a Chilean to lead us through the first semester was a blessing, as he was able to help us navigate cultural differences that might have taken us much longer to realize and adjust to as foreigners. Christian and Blanca are great friends. It is great working along side them.

I will be leading the team for the next year as Christian focuses his efforts in developing a new strategy that will help us mobilize every student in our ministry for a lifetime laboring to help fulfill the Great Commission. Leading the team is a great challenge for me. I look forward to trusting God for this new responsibility.
While there are certain things that are expected of a team leader. I think of Jesus kneeling down to meet his disciples basic needs as a humble servant. I think of Jesus hanging there on the cross, as a humble Savior, meeting my most profound need. "If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them." "By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." My hope for leading the team well is that as we live out the gospel that we will be blessed by the King and people will know we are really following King Jesus