Saturday, July 05, 2008

31

Two surprise parties for one birthday. The first was Thursday the 28th with students and also with Kelly, a leader of the summer project with whom I share the 30th of June as our birthday. The second was on my birthday. I had planned my own thing, last minute of course, and got together with 7 guys at an pub that evening. But I was blind folded and taken to a mysterious place (turned out to be my apartment, but with a few extra turns on the way there) where I was greeted by a room full of people. Turning 31 was special. I am deeply grateful for all that God has allowed me to live. It has been quite an experience, from being a introverted farm boy from southeast Nebraska, to living in Santiago Chile and following Jesus as the leader of a spiritual movement that is touching the lives of many people.