Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Opening Doors

There are campuses all over this city. I couldn't begin to tell you where they are at, how many students they have or when we might show up there. Some time in the future we might figure all that out. But for now our team is going to focus our efforts on the Universidad Santiago de Chile (USACH). Not so much on the campus really as on people, on students, reaching lost students and making disciples.
One of my roles on our team is to think about expansion, how we will get to students that are on campuses where there is not a movement of students reaching their peers with the good news about our God who saves.
Yesterday as I sat in the metro waiting to meet someone, I struck up a conversation with a man who was a professor at a growing private school. Today he introduced us personally to the public relations director, who received us very well and put in a good word for us with several other staff at the university.
As I went back home I stopped in a barrio that has a number of larger private schools. At one university I was introduced to the assistant to the president. He was extremely helpful and interested in the possibility of having us serve students on the campus.
These seemingly open doors do not mean that we have to go to these campuses. When someone asks us to come, then we have to go. Pray that the doors continue to open up for us to share Christ.
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison-- that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak.
(Colossians 4:2-4)