Sunday, October 29, 2006

Rolando

Today on my way home from church I decided to take the bus to Plaza de Armas. There are some international call centers there that are half price. Plaza de Armas is the main plaza in Santiago, surrounded old buildings that are now museums, the old post office, cathedral etc. It has also become the place where "evangelical" pastors and a few of their faithful go to shout at people. As I walked across the plaza on my way home I saw a guy reading some of their literature. I sat down next to him and asked him what he thought. Turns out he had just learned that his wife is cheating on him and... We talked for about an hour. Mostly about how we can love and forgive even when it is hard. And how God loves us and forgives us. Rolando responded the gospel of grace. He told me, "I've always believed God exists but I have never put Him first in my life. I am going to put God first. I feel a great relief." He leaves for Peru tomorrow.